Friday, November 20, 2009

How deep the Father's love for us,

How vast beyond all measure

That He should give His only Son

To make a wretch His treasure


How great the pain of searing loss,

The Father turns His face away

As wounds which mar the chosen One,

Bring many sons to glory


Behold the Man upon a cross,

My sin upon His shoulders

Ashamed I hear my mocing voice,

Call out among the scoffers


It was my sin that helf Him there

Until it was accomplished

His dying breath has brought me life

I knoww that it is finished


I will not boast in anything

No gifts, no power, no wisdom

But I will boast inJesus Christ

His death and resurrection


Why should I gain from His reward?

I cannot give an answer

But this I know with all my heart

His wounds have paid my ransom



This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

1 John 4:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment