Thursday, October 13, 2011

Home Sweet Home.

IMG_5929
2
IMG_5935
IMG_5958


Hello you.
I know what you're thinking. twice in two days? Who is this person updating the blog? Surely not Jenna. NO, GUYS. Its me, not Shirley. I just laughed at my own joke, whats happenin?
Any who, here for your viewing pleasure are some little baby tastes of the place I call home here in España, aka Sevilla. Shall we have a little lesson about Sevilla? Teacher hat is going on, hurr we go!

Sevilla is, and I am quoting wikipedia here--solid stuff, "is the artistic, historic, cultural, and financial capital of southern Spain". It is the capital of a southern providence in Spain called Andalusia. About 1.5 million awesome people call Sevilla home, and I'm one of them until December. WAHOO!

Fun fact, its freaking hot here. Still mid-nineties CADA DIA. I don't think I've ever wanted comfy cozy sweater weather more than right now. Apparently mid-November is the time for that here, so I just have to give it a couple more weeks.

Its such a walking city here, and I absolutely love that. I signed up for a service that has bike stations all over the city, and I can get a bike from one station and return it to another. Its so much fun just biking around Sevilla being Spanish and stuff. [side note::I used my bell three times the other day. look out world!]

Food::Lots of fish over here. Not my favorite, but I've learned to enjoy it. The nutella for breakfast every morning helps make up for it, not going to lie. I'm also digging the eating schedule here too. Breakfast at 8, lunch at 2:30, and dinner at 10. Its different, but I like it.

Favorite part of the spanish culture right here: SIESTA. Its literally a time to veg out/nap scheduled into your day. I totes take advantage of it, and will be bringing it back to the good ole USofA with me. Don't worry guys, I'll teach you how to siesta.

I hope you enjoyed your guide to all things sevillana! kind of. Oh well, its my blog. we'll call it that.

p.s. i really like blogging. who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment